Thursday, November 25, 2010

#86. thankful

It seemed like everyone and their mom tweeted or facebook status-ed (yes I made that a verb) about what they were thankful for today. And I'll be completely honest you.. when I tried to think of a few things, I drew a complete blank. No, not because I have nothing to be thankful for.. but because I SO easily focus on all the "bad" in my life, and let those things completely cover up the "good."
As I read my bible & journaled in tears this morning (hmm, I'm being pretty honest with you guys here), I was led to this verse. "Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge (know) him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.”- Hosea 6:3 This is the number one thing I am thankful for. The promise in this verse. The promise that as I continue to seek & know more about the Lord, he will become more and more real in my life. This is the promise I'm holding on to.

My rough morning, turned into a good day (answer to prayer) as I went off to my Uncle Patrick's house for Thanksgiving dinner.


Food & Family. 
(My grandma hugging my cousin)





I'm also super thankful for my friends, my family, and discount shopping (I saved CRAZY amounts of money during Midnight Madness & Black Friday shopping this year.)
Hope everyone was able to count their blessings today!

And a bonus picture for ya:
(My little sister & I)

November 25, 2010

2 comments: