Thursday, November 18, 2010

#79. dizzy

I went to take a picture of the night sky, and accidentally forgot to change my settings on my camera from the last time I took a photo. So the shutter was open FOREVER, and I got inpatient and put my camera down and turned it off. But then when I turned it back on, this picture appeared and I thought I was pretty cool, in a dizzy sort of way..


--Totally unrelated to this photo, but I just need to tell this story.
(Forewarning- this story is probably only funny to Alison and I.)
So Alison came up to my room tonight for a lovely visit. It was about 11:30pm. After our little chat, she mentions that Piperline is having a day only sale of 25% off, because she knows that I've been searching for a good pair of boots. So we take a look online and notice a link that says 15% off if you sign up on the email list and I say, "Hmm. I wonder if I can combine the two promos and get 40% off of those boots I've wanted forever." (Sidenote- I have loved these boots for about 3 months now but just can't bring myself to buy them because of the price). By this point its 11:47, Alison notices the time and realizes that I only have 13 minutes to attempt this 40% off promotion. This is where Alison's becomes pretty intense. I'm telling you.. it was like having a shopping coach over my shoulder. It's 11:54pm, Alison  screams that we have 6 minutes, she grabs my computer to type in both codes...and VOILA, it WORKS, it says I can get FORTY percent off. And as soon as Alison saw that I got such a big promotion, she runs out of my room screaming.. "I have to order boots, I have to order boots." (She was leaving my room to grab her computer in her room) I laughed for a 10 minutes afterwards.

Well.. you probably didn't find that story entertaining at all, but just thought I'd share it. Can't wait to get my lovely boots in the mail and wear them all Thanksgiving break! (which is in FOUR days).

2 comments:

  1. i love you and those new boots that will be coming for you soon!! ill be making more frequent visits in the future :)

    ReplyDelete