Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Week Three of Ecuador (summarized)

So this would be the week of June 26- July 2.

Saturday: Sharada´s friend, Caro (who goes to Standford with her and has lived her whole life in Ecuador) took us out with her family and friends to enjoy "real" Ecuadorian food. Aparently the best place to get such food is an hour away in a town called Chillos, in a resturant called Paradero Dieguito.
Pig (cancha) is huge in Ecaudor.. and there´s two ways to eat it: Hornado (oven made) or Fritada (fried). I ordered hornado.. and was able to try fritada. Both were yummy! But next time I´ll definitely order Fritada! Afterwards we all went to a nearby mall to see a movie: Robinhood, to be exact! Great movie! I recommend it! Good food, and a good movie. Sounds like a great day to me!

Monday: Caro and her friend Mica took Sharada and I to a resturant where we had an AMAZING view of Quito by night. The photos doesnt do it justice.. but I will post them anyway:
I wish I had my SLR to take this picture.. because it would have been prettier. But thats okay.
Not a huge fan of this picture of me.. but thats okay :)
The wicked cool table, and Mica´s watch! (PS. look at the depth of field I accomplished with my little point- and-shoot camera.. heyo!)

Tuesday: Sharada and I saw Toy Story 3 after work! Hilarious! I´ll be honest I had low expectations (as I do with the "3rd" of ANY disney movie), but I loved it! We ate a yummy pizza resturant afterwards (a hard thing to find in a Latin American country).. My pizza actually wasnt that great because I decieded to be adventerous and try this special of pizza. I knew what all of the toppings were, except for two (because the menu was in spanish). Well turns out those two mystery toppings were mushrooms and ANCHOVIES. Let me tell you, first and ABSOLUTE last time I will ever put an anchovie in my mouth. Disgusting... But I would defintely go back to the resturant and try a plain old cheese pizza. (Queso is the topping for that one!)

... I´ll continue the week in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment