Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Highlights from Week 6

(july 18-24)
Wednesday: Sharada knows some people from her school doing service work here in Quito. And they invited us to go salsa dancing with them! Before we went we decided to eat at this one resturant because of the way it was amazingly decorated. Well let me tell you.. what you see, is what you pay for. This place was so ridiculously over priced for such small portions. You live and you learn.
After our meal it was off to the Salsa Club. Let me tell you, SO MUCH FUN! I cannot wait to do it again. The pictures are a bit dark &  doesnt do the night justice.. but here they are anyway. 

Thursday Caro invited us to watch a Liga (one of the main teams in Quito) socer game! Her family has a box in the stadium, so we had great seats!
Liga Fans are absolutely nuts! They were on their feet and jumping up and down the entire game. Here´s a video after Liga scored a goal.

I didn´t get great pics of the acutal players playing because the box was so high... but here are a few (blurry because of the zoom).
And here`s a picture of us girls (Caro, Sharda, myself and Caro´s cousin Dani) after the game. The flash made it a bit weird..


Friday: We went to this tiny (indie) movie theather called Ocho & Medio  and saw this movie called Gringuito. I loved it (both the movie and the theater)! It was also all in spanish.. and I understood the majority of it! It´s so awesome to see how my spanish has improved in terms of understanding the language.. now if only my speaking skills would catch up.

I´ll write about our weekend trip to Banos, in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment