Tuesday, July 27, 2010

¡ Banos !

We spent the past weekend in Banos...  a town that boasts of its hot springs, waterfalls, volcanoe, and amazing scenery.
Because its a town nearby a volcanoe it has these signs on the road everywhere. It reminded me of this one movie I saw in 7th grade about a volcanoe that errupts and everyone has to leave, and theres lava pouring everywhere and they try and save a dog. (I forgot the name of it haha).
The first day we got there it was raining, so instead of exploring the city by foot, we took a Taxi tour. haha.
The tour was a tour of the different waterfalls in Banos. 
And at one of the waterfalls you were able to take this cable car thing between mountain ledges!
 On the other side of the mountain I found this pretty flower..
 And a super call skeleton of a leaf..

A different waterfall called..... "something Novios"
Then later that night after dinner we did a "night tour" of the city.. (pictures of course dont do justice. Its super hard to capture anything at night with a point and shoot. I know I keep complaining about my use of my point and shoot..but its true!)
Part of the tour was seeing these pretty cool fire dancer men..
Here´s a video (not the best quality but you get the idea)

And then the next day we started off the day with me BUNGEE JUMPING. Thats right, I said BUNGEE JUMPING. (Well not technically bungee jumping, the cord doesnt spring you back up.. you actually swing on it.. but you jump off a bridge just like you would if you were bungee jumping.. so thats what I´m going to call it). So we get to the bridge, and I swear my heart dropped to my toes. This bridge was SO FLIPPING HIGH! Oh my goodness, I wish I remembered to take a picture of the bridge itself... because it was huge. We did however get a few shots of me about to jump..
 See this picture. This is when I looked down and began to think that there was no possible way I could do this..
 So I sat down to catch my breath and get some (useless) encouragement from the guy who was doing my equipment
 See the guy in the orange jacket holding up his hands... this was him telling me that he will help me by pushing me on 3 (because really there was no other way I was going to get myself off the ledge). I agreed and WENT for it. Let me tell you... SCARIEST THING OF MY LIFE! It was kind of fun at the end.. but mostly scary.
 Unfortunately we didnt get a video/photos of me actually jumping.. because Sharada said I jumped "too fast" haha. But no worries.. I went again..and this time we got a video.. look out for it at the end of the post!

After bunjee jumping as we walked through town we saw this guy making this gum like thing. I forgot the name.. something like "maracuchcu." He let us try some for free (it was gross) and also let me take a video/picture of him!
 And heres the video:

Then we decided to do another tour of waterfalls but this time on GO KARTS! We got to drive on the highway and everything! I was the one driving..and it was so much fun! Now I can say I´ve driven in a foreign country (and I´ll just skip out the part about it not acutally being a real car).  
Here´s a video:
And as we were go karting it back to town.. we stopped at a much smaller bridge so I could go BUNGEE JUMPING AGAIN... but this time so we could at least attempt and get a video. haha. Yes Ladies & Gents I paid to go again.. all because I wanted to get a video and a few more pics..
Let me tell you how much MORE I enjoyed this second bridge. First off, it was way smaller (in height), secondly the guys were much nicer and way less pushy in getting me off the bridge, third I acutally ENJOYED the jump.. versus the first bridge where I just felt complete and utter fear.
And here´s the video. I´m realizing now we should have taped it from a different angle.. but thats okay, you can kind of get the idea from picture. Oh man, it was so much fun. Anyone considering Bunjee Jumping (or the kind of pseudo version I did) should DEFINITELY DO IT!


I have crossed off two things on my life list (that I still need to write down).. learn how to Salsa Dance and Bungee Jumping. Woo hoo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment