I´ve been super behind on this whole blogging my experience in Ecuador thing. Super behind. I feel pretty bad about this.. so muc so that when the internet cafe was closed last night I decided to write out (by hand) all my blog entries so that I would be able to update them quickly today! Dedication, huh?
So I´m going to start backwards (addressing the "moodiness" I was going through last week) and go forwards (ending with our most weekend trip to a town called mindo, where I REPELLED off of a waterfall!). No worries there will be multiple blog posts so they dont get TOO long.
Regarding what I wrote last monday .. to be honest I´m still kind of going through it (whatever "it" is). No, it´s not as heighted as when I orginally wrote the entry.. but I probably still have those "negative-woe is me- I wish things were different" moments everyday. BUT, I will say God is definitely teaching me somethign through this. The morning after I wrote that entry.. after 45 minutes of journaling, reading Psalm 63, and listening to Hillsong (multitasker, heyo!) I ended my journal entry with these words... "I can´t expect greatness out of Ecuador, instead I must expect greatness out of my GOD."
My expecations were (and I´ll admit, at times.. still are) in the wrong place. No matter where I am in the world.. I need to rely on the LORD for my joy and strength.. not my geographic location.
God is having me rely on him moment by moment here. At times, I´ll be honest being in Ecuador is a bit hard.. but then I just remember who he is.
No comments:
Post a Comment