Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Week Three in Ecuador (summarized).. Continued!

Wednesday: Instead of working in the Quito office, we traveled to Cayambe to take photos of the Juntos Liderando project! (I will later use these photos to update the website). It was a great day.. including photographing two schools, and experiencing a bit of Ecuadorian indegenous culture (very similar, and yet different from what I experienced last summer for 2 1/2 months in Peru). After we finished our photography assignment.. we went to the CARE Cayambe office for a bit, ate an Ecudorian lucn at a resturant for only $2, and bought 25 gorgeous roses for only TWO dollars! Yes, two dollars. You know how roses are like $60 around Valentines Day in the states... #1 reason why I dont want a guy to ever give me flowers. But if you bought me these flowers in Ecuador for $2.. that I can deal with. On our way home our coworker Alex, (who works in Cayambe office) chatted with us our lives, and stopped to let us take pictures of the beautiful scenery. It was a good day! (Get ready for alot of pictures..  be sure to read what I did on Thursday & Friday after the pics)
I wish we got to hang out with these kids more.. they were so cute!
Gorgeous
Sharada showing the teacher and class the photos she took.
That 2nd little boy.. my favorite.
:)
My favorite photo of the day.
I just love the difference between boys and girls..and how its SO apparent when you capture a photo of them.
Look back at any photos I have of girls.. see what I mean by the difference?
In terms of scenery.. Hands down, Ecuador wins over Peru.. Why? Peru didnt have volcanoes!

Thursday: I went to the young adult group at my church! I´ll admit I was CRAZY shy, but overall it was a great night! It turned out that my friend that I had talked to the previous two sundays couldnt go to the group this thursday.. so the one person I knew, my "in" wasnt there. Yup my anxiousness kicked in bigtime when I hung up the phone with her.. but as new anxiety arose, my prayers arose as well. So by the time the meeting started, I was a little less nervous, made some small talk, told them one of the spanish songs I knew so we could all sing it, and even gave a thanksgiving at the end of the meeting (but only after I was specifically asked to, haha). Afterwards we went out to eat and I talked alot more, and even laughed (a true sign that my shyness wall is coming down). I´m excited for this coming Thursday. I´m going to even try and participate in the bible study part, this time! 
Friday: Sharada & I decided to do dinner and a movie. We went to a Mexican Resturant (one we´ll never go to again... way overpriced for not so good mexican food) and watched The Blind Side when we got home (2nd time around for me with that movie and it´s still just as good as the first!)

No comments:

Post a Comment