Remember when it was SO cool to be a fan of Barney when you were a5 years old..and then when you reached 2nd grade Barney was suddenly the LAMEST thing ever and you were teased relentlessly for having anything that represented you still enjoyed him.Well I say he´s cool again.
We found this costume in a party store while walking the streets of Cuenca a few weeks ago, and we just had to take a picture with him..
We found this costume in a party store while walking the streets of Cuenca a few weeks ago, and we just had to take a picture with him..
Me. Ziplining in Mindo. Doing what the guy called the "supergirl" pose.
..on bargaining.
- If you have ever traveled to a foreign country with me, you know that i am the worst bargainer ever. The thing is.. I´m super indecisive. So when I shop I take a pretty long time to decide I want a certain item... so for me to want to buy an item, I must really really want it.. AKA its super hard for me to fake the whole... "not interested look" so that the person I´m bargaining with will put his price lower. When they offer me a price.. I say "okay" and I begin to pull out my money. I know.. the complete wrong approach to buying things outside of the US. Thats why whenever I travel.. I have someone else do the bargaining for me. This time it happened to be Sharada... she can coach anyone on bargaining. Check her blog for her ways!
...on Ecuadorian buses.
- So we take the bus to work everyday. And we have our fair share of stories from our little commutes. One time a guy asked me if this bus goes to such-and-such a place.. and I replied with an "I dont know" and a smile...Well, I don´t know if it was the fact that I didnt know the bus route or if he heard my American accent in the two words of "No se".. but all of a sudden he was asking me where I was from, telling me I looked like his wife, asking me to translate an english voicemail he had on his phone, etc. etc.
Thats one of my favorite bus stories... here is one of Sharadas´s


No comments:
Post a Comment