Monday, September 27, 2010

#26. not stressing out this week.

I had a few pictures from the last day of fall retreat... but I think I'll share this one from when I got back on campus, instead. (Scroll down to day 25 & 24 for fall retreat photos)

Last Thursday if you were to ask me to pick one word to describe my senior year thus far it would be "stress." My days have completely been filled with classes and various meetings from morning to night, I have a to-do list that could fill the pages of an encyclopedia, I moved in over a month ago, and my room is still an unpacked hott-mess,  I'm pretty sure I've lost 2 pounds walking from building to building visiting records offices to solidify my major to minor switch/know how many credits I need to graduate, and most nights my homework until around 10:00. Yes, I'm busy.. but to be honest, I'm never not busy. But these past three weeks, in addition to my "busyness".. I have lived, breathed, and eaten stress.  But not this week, and not next week, and not for the REST of the school year. I'm faithfully asking the Lord to take my stress away while giving me the strength/ability to complete everything I have to do.Yeah, it sounds pretty simple.. but to be honest, trusting that God will take care of me & my never ending to do list, is a humongo leap of faith for me.



Here's a cell phone picture to what may be the beginning of a long night of work at the library/long night at home knocking some things off my to do list. The last Thursday version of me would have listed out every single thing that needs to get done tonight, and then wallow in my annoyance/stress. But today.. I'm just going to begin reading what I need to read, listen to some Josh Garrels, and pray my way through everything.
PS- I'm not perfect.. so if you see me "super stressing" at anytime during the semester... feel free to remind me not to/pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment