[Skip through the pictures for my review of Lion]
----------------------------------
My review for MAC OS X LION
Disclaimer- While I am a fan of apple products, I am by no means a DIE HARD Apple geek. If you are a die hard apple geek that knows every nook and cranny of apple products...then you should look at other die hard apple geeks that will review every nook and cranny of Lion :)
[Things I like]
-Full screen app.
Take any program/app and you can view/work in it "full screen"
Haven't used this yet too much yet. But so far so good.
- Switching
Whenever you put an app in full screen, you can use three fingers
- Launchpad.
Similar look to the iphone/ipod touch/ipad, showcasing all your applications.
Haven't used it a ton yet, but I know it will be a super useful feature.
Haven't used it a ton yet, but I know it will be a super useful feature.
- Mission Control.
Basically the feature that every macbook has where you're able to quickly see
all the apps you have open. It just much fancier.
all the apps you have open. It just much fancier.
[Things not so cool]
- Microsoft Word 2004 doesn't work on it. I unfortunately didn't realize I was buying Microsoft 2004 when I started college in 07.. and now I guess I'm paying for it. Apparently if you have Microsoft Word 2008 or 2011.. you're good.
- To access the launchpad via your trackpad you have to "pinch with your thumb & three fingers." Also to show the desktop you "spread with your thumb and three fingers."
REALLY apple? When am I ever going to manuever my hand in this most awkward position possible to do this? I tried doing it, 3 times, and it's not as easy as you make it seem.
- Adobe CS5 doesn't let you do full screen yet, but I read somewhere that as programs update themselves.. full screen will become available. Let's hope!
----Okay so the update is $30 right? I'm not a true judge if its worth the 30 because I actually got the update for "free" since my macbook was bought within the last month (Thanks dad for the graduation present!) BUT, In my opinion.. there's definitely not enough "noticeable" changes for the update. I feel like Tiger to Leopard/Snow Leopard was a "bigger" deal in terms of noticeable changes. So I say save your money.. But I guess if you're a mac geek and want the "latest".... get Lion.
----Better yet, wait until your "forced" to update to Lion. (Example- When I finally bought Adobe CS5, I quickly found out that my OS X Tiger system wouldn't run it. So I was "forced" to get Snow Leopard)





No comments:
Post a Comment