And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
- Luke 2:10-11
Here's a few moments throughout my day..
Every Christmas (after opening presents) we head over to our family friend's home for breakfast with a few other families from our church! Even though I didn't take the photo below, I promised I would post it on my blog. The 4 of us (plus a few other ladies, not pictured) basically grew up in church together. It's nice to have a recent photo of all of us together!
Later on my sister and I headed to my grandma's house to have Christmas dinner. This is my grandma, talking to my cousin (not pictured). I love this picture & my grandma.
My sister & cousin.
Here is my cousin and uncle looking at pictures from over 20 years ago. This is about when I put my camera down for the rest of the night.. because soon enough there was tons of photo albums and stacks of pictures circulating between our hands. So many laughs, such a great time.
And yup, that's my aunt.. fast asleep :)
Back at home, I took a picture of some of our decorations (that we put out crazy late)
Then my mom & I watched A Charlie Brown Christmas.
As I mentioned before, this is my FAVORITE Christmas movie ever. Not only is it hilarious (case in point- when Linus says "Out of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest") ... but it also one of the only mainstream movies that speaks of the true meaning of Christmas. Charlie Brown spends the entire day fretting over the commercialism our society has made Christmas. Linus in turn quotes Luke 2:8-14, and explains how this day is really about God coming down into this dark world, in order to shine his light.
Watch the clip, because my explanation just doesn't do it justice.
Merry Christmas everyone!







No comments:
Post a Comment