Friday, December 24, 2010

#114. silent night, holy night


Christmas Eve Candlelight Service.

After several Christmas songs and a message, my church dims the lights and we sing Silent Night by candlelight. 



I have alot on my mind.. so be prepared..
Before I started this 365 day project, I used blog randomly about my life. In those blog posts I sometimes included "my prayer for today".. in which I would share what I would be praying for that day. I think I'm going to start doing that again.. starting with today.

My prayer for today- 
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. - Psalm 16:11.
If you know me well.. you know that I tend to thrive off of the Christmas season "cheer." I begin to listen to Christmas music way too early, I constantly check ABC Family to see what they are playing within their 25 days of Christmas series, and I get a little over excited about holiday decorations.
Well this year finals sucked the life out of my Christmas cheer.  And after my hades weeks of finals were over,  I came home to the GRINCHIEST (yes I made "grinch" an adjective) household ever. This Christmas season has been unconventional & frustrating, but through all my disappointment I was reminded (by a friend and through my own personal conviction) that its not really okay to thrive off of all the materialistic things of Christmas. Instead, I ought to find joy in what Christmas is really about.. God loving us so much that he made the sacrifice of coming into this dark world, in order to shine His light into it.  
So thats my prayer for today (and for the next couple days, and really for the rest of my life), that I would find joy in light of Him, and not expect anything else to bring me the joy that God gives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment