Okay.. lets quicken this story a bit. So I called him back and told him I was interested! I was scheduled for a phone interview the following Tuesday. Monday night and Tuesday morning I prayed my little heart out that God would give me the complete strength, wisdom, and right words during that interview (also asked all my friends & mom to pray for me again). I did the interview.. and rocked it... well actually God rocked it through me. I was told I would find out by Friday if I got the internship. So.. by this point I was 500% "gung-ho" about Ecuador. It was all I could think about. So you can imagine the ANXIETY that began Friday and didnt end until I received a phone call Tuesday. (I actually blogged about it here). So Tuesday, I'm in my ECN class when my phone starts ringing. I recongized the number and again started FREAKING out. I had an HOUR left of class. Let me tell you, slowest hour of my life. 60 whole minutes later class was let out, I ran outside, listened to my voicemail.. which simply said that they've made a decision and I should call him (aka.. add 10 more pounds of anxiety). I call him and he lets me know that I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED TO BE A INTERN IN QUITO, ECUADOR FOR CARE! Excitement doesn't even begin to describe what I was feeling in that moment. I could have a ran a marathon around the entire University... and I hate running! So yup, this summer (starting in June) I will officially be a communications internship in the CARE office of Ecuador!! I will mostly be working with their website, writing/editing human interest stories, translating documents, and doing data entry stuff! I am SO freaking excited!
Can I just tell you... I undoubtedly give God 100% credit for how this summer came to be :
1) I didn't even originally apply to do the Ecuador program, I withdrew my application from the fellowship.. yet was still accepted.
2) I originally wanted live in another country and intern at the same time but when all my options failed, I gave up and started looking for internships in the states.... and along comes Ecuador!
3) If I were to go abroad I didn't want to have to raise support because of my sister's trip.....and this internship in Ecuador is all expense paid!!!!
4) I prayed before, during and after the interview and literally felt God give me the best words to describe how I think this internship would be a perfect merge between my two majors (International Relations and Public Relations) and my passions.
5) Through my International Relations (a major that I completely think God let me to..) classes, I've become so amazingly interested in development work, which is exactly what CARE does.
6) They told me that I was a strong candidate for the internship because of my previous experience in Latin America (specifically my 2 1/2 months in Peru).. and the only reason why I went to Peru is becuase God pretty much placed that opportunity in my lap as well.
Thank you God for being so patient and such an amazing provider. You knew all along that I would end up in Ecuador this summer... and even when I stupidly tried to make plans of my own.. you led me back to this amazing, AMAZING opportunity. Thank you Rachel Robinson International Fellowship and CARE Ecuador for accepting me as an intern. I can honestly say this is one the BIGGEST accomplishments of my life. And thanks to my mommy & amazing friends who prayed for me, and put up with my mass emails/texts asking for these prayers.
I feel like I'm accepting a Grammy. haha.
Here's to my future home:
(photo cred:www.bigtravelweb.com/ equador_quito.htm)

No comments:
Post a Comment