Thursday, May 06, 2010

this summer (part 2)

(if you missed "part 1" click here)

Fast forward from Janaury. It's March 2010, both applications are in, and I am simply waiting. I receive an email notifying me that I did not get into the India trip, because it was too full by the time I applied. I was forewarned of this, so I kind of expected it. A week later, while on spring break, I receive another email saying that I was instead accepted to the Bangkok summer trip, (that I put as my second choice). Yay! I should be excited, right?.. Except, I wasn't. For some reason I didn't really feel at peace about this opportunity. Yes, I know I had originally wanted to go to Bangkok... but now that the opportunity had actaully been placed in my hands, I realized suddenly that maybe that was not what I was meant to do with my summer. The trip was going to be doing great things in Bangkok, but there wasn't going to be much of an opportunity for me to do communications-type work. Plus my amazing little sister had just decided to participate in her first long term service/mission trip! A trip that she would have to raise support for.. and knowing how my long term mission trip was the HUGEST stepping stone for my faith, and not to mention the BEST SUMMER EVER .. there was no way I wanted to hinder her from experiencing the same thing! Aka, if we both went on mission trips, we would be sending support letters to the same group of supporters.. and I didn't want to potentially "take any support away" from her trip. So after some prayer and conversations with my Mom & friends, I decided Bangkok was not where I was supposed to be this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment