Tuesday, February 08, 2011

#160. bible and tea


I recently read Psalm 63 with one of the girls I disciple (and an amazing friend).
"O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you,as in a dry and weary land where there is no water." (verses 1).
Here's the reality of my life in the past two weeks. I have thirsted for him and yet I have not sought him. I've shot up prayers here and there, half-heartedly (and half asleep) opened his word at 3am because I felt obligated to check "quiet time" off my daily to-do list, and fooled myself into thinking that listening to Christian music while getting ready in the morning can substitute for time spent with him. But  I know that what I'm thirsting for.. cannot be fulfilled with the way I've been living my faith. Today as I sat with my bible and tea for an extended period of time.. I was reminded of this. 
God I pray that you will continue to allow me to thirst for you and never let that thirst be quenched with anything but spending time with you in your word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment