Monday, June 21, 2010

Where ever I travel, I alway seem to find things to climb..

 This past weekend, Sharada & I ventured off to "Old Town Quito" According to Sharda´s Lonely Planet Guide to Ecuador, this place is a MUST see. So.. we saw it! And what a great day! Here are a few pictures:
 The streets of Old Quito.
A small view of La Plaza Grande
La Plaza de San Francisco (I waited for about 7 minutes with my camera in hand to caputre these birds mid air)
Where we ate lunch.


Now here is where things get really exciting. We were having fun the whole time, but I would argue that the best part of our day was our last stop to La Iglesia de Basilica. This famous catholic church would have been our 4th church of the day... But when I read in the lonely planet guide, that you are able to CLIMB to the top of the bell tower, there was no way we were going to miss that! I love, love, love climbing. Seriously. When I was a little girl, if I ever needed something and it happened to be on the tippy-top cabinet.. No problem! I would find a way up there, using my long legs, and hands to climb to where I needed to be. Eventually this determination turned into my love of rock climbing. And for the past few years, where ever I have traveled, I have managed to find a way to express my love! California, I went rock climbing along Malibu Beach. Peru: My teammate and rock climbed (without a harness, I might add) when the family that cooked for us took us to a gorgeous lake. (See evidence here
And now I can add Ecuador! Look at the picture below. See that right tower? Now look to the very top. Now picture me waving at you from that point.. because I CLIMBED that tower!
I forgot to take a picture of this view of the church! So credit of the above photo goes to this site.  Lame, I know. But I did buy a pretty postcard so I remember what it looks like. Here are other pictures I got to take from the GORGEOUS view I had of all of Quito. 
Oh, hello home for the next 7 weeks!
Slightly Different View, with the other tower.
This view was actually from a lower level in the church. (Hence why you can see both towers). 10 minutes later.. I was on top of that right tower, baby!
 I´ve been to 4 Latin America countries now. And still I am simply amazed at the beauy of the different color houses that they have! Can anyone else relate?
And here´s a shot of the STEEP stairs that I was about to climb down. And the shoes on my feet? Only the most comfortable walking shoes ever! (Yes they may look a bit funny from this angle.. but I promise their heaven when you´ve been sightseeing/walking around for 5 hours)
 A shot of the church from the inside! I swear, I´m going to find a way to incorporate a stain glass window in my future home!

Needless to say, I am very proud of the tower I climbed. It was a great day!

From the world (specifically Ecuador),
Imani

No comments:

Post a Comment