Monday, June 21, 2010

I´ve found a church to go to!

A huge, huge, huge prayer request of mine has been that I would find a church to attend while here in Ecuador. Well let me tell you HOW amazing God is. Not only did I find a church to go to, BUT my host mom is a Christian.. so I was able to go to church with her! (This is pretty awesome, because my mom was really concerned about me traveling around Quito by myself to go to church. And as much as I thought she was just being too mom-ish/worrying about that fact.. I secretly agreed with her).
So this church: (which I forgot the name of, but I´ll let you know next week) It´s about 7 minutes walking distance away from her house (amazing thing #1). It´s an evangelical church (amazing thing #2). They were singing (in spanish) worship songs that I know in english (amazing thing #3). My host mom introduced me to a girl my age! (AMAZING thing #4). This girl introduced me to other people my age (AMAZING, amazing thing #5).
 I don´t think I´ll ever stop being amazed at how God answers my prayers.. especially when I have moments of worry/doubt/ lack of faith... like I did JUST the night before I went to church.
If you can.. please be praying for me! Although I am SO excited that I have found a church, and met people in that church my age.. I´m a bit worried about my shyness. Please pray that I would have the courage to step out of my comfort zone and become friends with them, as well as attend their young adult ministry! I know, I know.. the thought of me being shy, seeems left field, right? But I promise you.. stick me in any situation where I don´t know anyone, as well as, not being able to perfectly understand/speak their language.... I can be as shy as they come! So if you can, prayer please! 


Other (random) things I´d like to share.
1. If you want to skype with me while I´m here in Ecaudor.. let me know, and I´ll give you my skpe name!
2. I found a frozen yogurt place that is very similar to Pinkberry! It´s not AS delicious, but it will do for the next two months!
3. Listening to the world cup via ESPN radio, is not as exciting, for several reasons. One- You can´t see the radio, (ovbi) And therefore can´t see the amazing goals the players make or  the faces of such players. hehe. Two- People who announce on ESPN radio speak english. And therefore do not yell. "GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL" everytime there is one. Three- I know about 10 players` names in the World Cup, so whenever the announcer says a name, I usually have no clue whom they are speaking of.
4. I am a pro at french pedicures. I just refreshed my toes yesterday, and I´m a fan. (I´ve come to the conclusion though that I dont really like toenails, so don´t ask me to do yours. Touching my own is enough)

From the world, (specifically Ecuador)
Imani

No comments:

Post a Comment