If you decide to read nothing else of this blog post, please read the next paragraph, because I greatly enjoyed that "situation"! The rest of the post may be a bit long (as I´ll be updating about my work, living situation, etc.) but please read if you have time! And I promise.. my other blog posts wont be as long!
Movies in Ecuador (situation)
Overall situation
I would say that we´re still in our "adjustment phase." I´ve been a bit up and down mood wise. But I´m hoping/praying things get better in the next week, and weeks to come. Also I read this awesome quote today. "Rather than being your thoughts and emotions, be the awareness behind them." So here´s my awarness: it´s week one, I´m going to stop focusing on all the difficulties that come with the first week, and realize that things will probably get better.
Work (situation)
So today marks my official full week fo work! I found out on Monday that my primary assignment was going to be updating their website. It needs alot of work, so I believe I have a hefty assignment ahead of me, which I´m pretty excited about! Sharada´s primary assignment is updating CARE Ecuador´s library by coding and organizing all of the books. I helped her and another intern do that task, until I had a meeting yesterday morning about how I can get started with the website! I have alot of graphic experience, and I have designed a website before, but I have never actually put it on the web! (My boss knows this). But today I was able to skype with a friend who designs websites, and she gave me a mini tutorial on how to use the program to edit/code the website! I still have to read up on a few tutorials. But I think I´m going to have a good handle on it soon!
Other things about work:
- In the beginning of the week, I was terribly shy around the office. My spanish speaking skills haven´t fully come back to me, so I simply decided to just not speak. hah! But I´ve been praying about it alot.. and today I had good conversations with the IT guy AND with coworkers during lunch! Little by little it´s getting better.. and all with the help of God!
- Surprise. Coffee runs right through me here in Ecuador (just as it does in America). I feel like my coworkers judge me when I get up every 15 minutes to go to the bathroom. And they probably judge me even more when I do a 5 minute pee dance in my chair before each time! haha.
Living (situation)
As I said in my last post.. my host mom is legit! She is SO incredibly warm, and treats us like her adopted hijas! (daughters). Sharada and I each have our own room, which is nice!
Travel (situation)
Sharada and I plan to do ALOT of sightseeing, traveling, and hopefully some volunteering! So stay tuned for pictures/videos/funny stories. We´re also hoping to find some more things to do during the week! (We admit, the past few afternoons were spent mostly at home, watching episodes of Friends, Dawson´s Creek, Greys Anatomy, & Project Runway).
Thats all for now. Sorry I dont have many photos to show you guys as yet!
I decided to leave my SLR camera in the states (at the risk of it getting stolen). So, all photos from here on out will be from my simple point and shoot camera. But that´s okay! Photos are photos, right?
I decided to leave my SLR camera in the states (at the risk of it getting stolen). So, all photos from here on out will be from my simple point and shoot camera. But that´s okay! Photos are photos, right?
Hasta Luego!
i like your blog. i can imagine you LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY after the man said RUN FORREST RUN. hahah. yeah, i can totally picture you. seriously... 2.25! i watched a movie here for like 8.50... ugh.. but it was on champs-elysees, very touristy and very expensive.
ReplyDeletei'm glad you're speaking spanish. i don't speak french here because i have a heavy american accent.. and i'm shy too. i wish i was in a spanish speaking country though.
and yes, photos are photos.
love you dear. miss you
<3 stephanie s. (korean)