Tuesday, May 03, 2011

#244. it's raining. #whatasurprise.

We've had about two nice weather days in Syracuse this semester..And all of the other days it has either snowed, been below temperatures of 40, or rained.
This week, it's raining. Surprise.


Before I get into my song of the day thing I thought I'd share some random thoughts.

I've slowly begun to realize that my tweeting habits suddenly increase by 1000 when I'm bored/procrastinating. When I was in Austin, TX for Spring break where every minute of everyday was filled with non-stop fun.. I tweeted probably 3 times in 7 days. But today while I'm procrastinating at my last 10 pg paper of my college career, I tweeted about 15billion times in one hour (okay not that many)..But take a look at my tweets anyway:
Done everything possible to procrastinate this paper. Including looking at the new bachelors for the Bachelorette. 
- This bachelor wants to retire in 5 years. He's 27.  ()
This bachelor majored in "Turf grass management" in college.? ()
If I ever went on the Bachelor or the Bachelorette my mother would disown me. Heck, I would disown myself. 
Diddy has over 3.5 million followers on twitter. Ke$ha, I guarantee you do not "wake up in the morning feeling like P.Diddy"
(the hashtag in this post title shows my twitter love)

  I've announced it on facebook, twitter, and to most of my friends but I have yet to share on my blog that I officially have POST GRADUATION PLANS! I will be working for Makarios International, a non-profit that focuses education development in (wait for it)... THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. I will be the ESL Teacher & Community Outreach Coordinator for the next two years. AH! It's a crazy cool (kind of long) story how God lead me to this organization... Ask me, and I'll tell you sometime! But I'll preview you with the ending: God is amazingly sovereign.

Today was my last day of classes of undergraduate career. 11 days until graduation. CRAZY
------------
30 Day Song Challenge
Day 23: A song that you want played at your funeral.
Because I have never thought about this before in my life, I will re-quote what a friend of mine said during 5th grade recess: "At my funeral I want them to play "Staying Alive"

 It was funny then, and its still funny now.

But to not be totally insensitive, I also think "Someday" by John Legend would be a good funeral song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment