Tuesday, March 01, 2011

#181. half-birthday: BUBBLE style.

As I mentioned, today is both the half birthday of myself (I'm 21 1/2!).. as well as the half birthday of my 365 day project. I wanted do something special, so in my brainstorming I recalled photographers who have been capturing bubbles in this amazing way. (Check these photos out). I wanted to somehow mimic this amazingness. Of course, I did not have bubble mixture nor a bubble wand.. so I did some googling, improvised, texted my dear friend Heidi.. and below is the end result!

Because of my lack of skill in creating bubble mixture, our bubbles were not big enough to pop and create the cool features you see in the flicker site above, BUT we had a super fun time trying and I think we came up with a few good photos!

The finished product (aka the best photos)




Look closely to the right of the bubble in the following photo and notice how you can see the reflection of the building!


Ah! Love this one.









Behind the Scenes photos.


Our work station..


At one point I told Heidi to chase the bubble after she blew it, so she could therefore pop it once she caught it.. that brought on alot of laughs, and also didn't work


And Heidi proved to be more genius than me, when she started blowing bubbles in the jar, giving me the idea to capture some of the photos above. 

ALSO, Heidi has been doing a 365 day project too. Check it out!



The end! Hope you enjoyed. Here's to the other half of the YEAR!


PS- When people comment on this blog, it makes my day a little brighter. Want to make my half birthday a little brighter? :)

2 comments:

  1. these. are. amazing. you are so creative. love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy half birthday! You should do something with bubbles for your flash assignment.

    ReplyDelete