Tuesday, August 23, 2011

on blog changes, 365 day projects, and support raising [part 2]

On 365 day projects
Technically I have about 5 weeks left of this 365 day project. But I want to give myself a "self evaluation"now.

[The negative stuff]
• I kind of suck at the 365 day project.
•I want to quit.
•I wanted to quit about 2 months ago.
•I hate being forced to take a picture everyday.. ESPECIALLY on the days where life is mundane/I sat on my couch all day.
•I'm a bit ashamed of some (most) of the photos that have been taken over the past almost year
•In my mind, this 365 project kind of made my photo quality lower. (meaning when I'm forced to take a photo everyday, I produce suckier pictures)

[What I've learned]
•All the above negative stuff has produced me not uploading the photos I take daily, waiting weeks to upload those photos, and forgetting to take a daily photo all together many many days.
• It takes an extra effort to photograph everyday life. (To actually pull out your camera and make the world around you aesthetically pleasing).
Steph Hart is BOSS at 365 day projects. When she announced she was doing a SECOND year of taking photos everyday my mouth dropped. Why? I couldn't even imagine doing another year of this project, and maintaining quality/amazing photos throughout. 4 for you Steph Hart, You go Steph Hart (Mean girls reference).

[The good stuff]
• For the remaining days, I am going to make a conscious effort to treat this 365 day project the way I did in my first few months of having it.... When I loved doing it. When I aimed to post the photos before midnight EVERYDAY. When I didn't miss days. When I didn't wait until 11:58 to take a photo. When I was actually "proud" of the photos I took.
It's a huge goal. And I can't promise I won't fail some days, but I'm going to try.
•I still love photography, and want to pursue the hobby further. This 365 day project didn't totally ruin that aspect. But I would never, ever do a 365 day project again. (Steph, again.. you're a rockstar).

[Really, all this negative stuff only started in the last few months.]

No comments:

Post a Comment