[What I've learned so far on the subject of Support Raising]
Support raising is about trusting God more than anything else. God promises that he will provide my needs... therefore I shouldn't worry (Philippians 4:19/Matthew 6:25-34). So support raising is believing/trusting that if God wants me in the Dominican Republic (as I believe he does) than he will provide the financial means in his own time. And as I ask people to partner with Makarios' mission and wait on God's provision.. I must never ever take my eyes of the Lord. It was as soon as Peter took his eyes off the Lord and focused on the storm (aka his circumstances) that he stopped walking on water and began to sink. (Matthew 14:22-33). And it is when I take my eyes off of God, that my circumstances become way too large for me, raising $15,000 seems impossible, and I too begin to "sink." So here I continue.. trusting God, and not my circumstance.
[Recent story on support raising]
- I was feeling super discouraged about support raising for most of the week leading up to Colorado. Friday night as I was working on my blog, I prayed something along these lines: "God I know you will eventually provide all that I need for the Dominican Republic, but is there anyway you can send in a bit of support.. just as a bit of encouragement to me?" The next day I checked my account to realize I received a donation of $2,500 from a woman I do not know personally!!! For the the largest donation I have received to be from a person I don't know personally... is just beyond amazing!
1. God is good.
2. Why does it surprise me so when God answers my prayers?
[my new support raising page]
http://fromtheworldwithlove.blogspot.com/p/giving.html
[an amazing blog post on frequently asked questions of support raising]
http://catherinepng.blogspot.com/2011/05/interviewing-elephant.html
No comments:
Post a Comment