Tuesday, August 23, 2011

God is able!

T minus 4 days until I leave for the Dominican Republic, y'all! (After hanging out with two of my Texan teammates for the past 3 weeks of Mission training, I've already begun to say "y'all").
This week is CRAZY (emphasis on the caps). I've been packing, shopping, having goodbye dinners, being commissioned, figuring out my advocacy team, attending many doctor appointments, and maintaining a terrible awful cold. But God is in the midst of all that chaos, and he is constantly reminding me his strength is made perfect in my weakness! And even though my to-do list seems near impossible.. he will help me through it, allow me to have a stress-free day on Friday (a high recommendation from training) and board that plane feeling better Saturday morning!

Also in the midst of all that chaos  is the matter of support raising! I'm officially at 50% of my monthly support! Which is a HUGE praise compared to the 30% I was last week. Technically I am allowed to board the plane with the 50% I have raised, but my biggest prayer this week is that I would leave for the DR with at least 75% under my belt! It's going to be a busy first month, and I would love to invest most of my time on what is in front of me in the DR versus trying to raise the 50% I have left!
Pray with me? Our God is able! And when I think about (Ephesians 3:20- Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us) I get pretty excited, because my God is able. Able to do more than I ask or imagine. 


And because I think plain words are boring, here's a picture of one of the kids I'm going to meet soon!
(Photo courtesy of Erika)


--
PS- If you're personally interested in giving support to assist me in teaching ESL/conducting social work in the DR.. click this link. Any amount is a huge blessing!


PS again- I've had 3 blog posts saved for awhile, and have finally posted them. Scroll below. Or click these links: On blog changes, on 365 day projects, on support raising.

No comments:

Post a Comment