Monday, April 06, 2015

March 2015 Update Letter

*|MC:SUBJECT|*

A ton of great things have been happening here in the DR, but I want to share 2 specific stories: 

(Be sure to read the sidebar to find out how you can partner  with me in ministry.)
A Note from Scarlett

As I mentioned in my last update, I recently began discipling 5   of our sixth grade girls. My prayer since October has been to form such a relationship with these girls that they would genuinely trust me..so that when I speak truth into their life they know that it is coming from someone who cares for their well being and for their faith in the Lord. Last week, Scarlett wrote me a note that was a such great answer to this specific prayer. The note read, “Ms. Imani, You're a very good teacher. You are like a mom to me and you are very special to me. I am thankful for all that you have done for me and my friends. I want you to know that I love you a lot.” Praising God that my relationship with these girls has deepened in such a great way, and that this was shown to me through Scarlett’s sweet note. 

Learning about Jacob & Esau 

In my preschool class we focus on one bible story a week. One particular week the students learned about Jacob stealing Esau’s blessing from his father. To help bring the story to life I asked Francis, (our school chaplain) to play the role of Jacob with "goatskins" taped to his arms. Each child pretended to be Isaac, felt Jacob's arms and gave Jacob his blessing. The kids loved it! I thank Jesus for the opportunity to teach his word in such an interactive and fun way.


Thank you so much for the many ways you all support, encourage, and pray for me. Let me know if I can be praying for you in any specific way.
To the Praise of His Glory,
Imani
My discipleship girls right after I gave them their "Jesus Calling: For Kids" devotional books. Praying that they would form the habit of  spending time with their  Savior on a daily basis and that they would come to know more of "the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge."

In Need of Support 

I’m in need of $4,000 in support. To be honest, this number is a bit daunting. But our God is able! He has provided through the generosity of many people thus far and I know he is able continue doing the same thing!

Practically, my goal can be reached a number of ways:

•If 40 people gave a one time donation of $100 OR
• If 20 people gave a one time donation of $200
• If 14 people gave a one time donation of $300 OR
My goal of $4,000 would be reached! 
(Of course any amount God lays on your heart is the right amount)

 

Would you prayerfully consider donating to my ministry in the Dominican Republic?

To donate, click the following link and use the scroll down menu to designate your gift to "Imani Folkes"

DONATE HERE

If you are interested in donating via check, make it payable Makarios, with my name (Imani Folkes) in the memo line and send it to the following address: 
Makarios 3267 Bee Caves Rd. Suite 107-71 Austin, TX 78746

Prayer Requests
•• I’m going on a 4 day mission trip to Haiti, March 29-April 1st! 
•• I want to spend time talking to my discipleship girls about purity, boys, relationships… and what God teaches us about those topics. Pray that the Lord would continue to give me wisdom pertaining this topic!
•• Pray for the funds I’m lacking to come in

Praises: 
•• My preschool students have improved greatly in their English skills! 
•• One of my students has a pretty hard home life, but recently circumstances have changed in such a way that his father is playing a much more active role in caring for him & his brothers! 

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 
 






This email was sent to *|EMAIL|*
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
*|LIST:ADDRESSLINE|*

*|REWARDS|*

No comments:

Post a Comment