I am feeling ALL of the feels, you guys. I'm sad, nervous, anxious, at peace, excited, freaking out, trustful, slightly afraid… the list goes on & on and varies from day to day. As of late, my biggest "feel" has been sadness. This country has been my home for the last 4 years. FOUR years. How do I say goodbye to 4 years of life lived? Not to mention goodbyes are incredibly hard and inevitably induce my "ugly cry”. We got a preview of said cry last Thursday as I had to say goodbye to The Youngs, a family that I've had the incredible privilege of serving with the last 2 1/2 years. They're headed back to the states for furlough, and won't return until I've already left the island. We cried and cried... and cried some more. We'll of course keep in touch, but it'll be different/strange/sad to not be able to live life with them in the same manner we've been able to over the last couple years.
![]() |
| Darren, Becky, Audrey and Jenna Young with Miranda, Kelly & I, before the goodbyes/tears began. |
I have a little over a month & a half left on the island, during which I will intentionally spend time with friends/students that have become family, and cherish my last* moments with them. My prayer is that I would minute by minute lean on the Lord to help me through this time period. That my goodbyes would be healthy and meaningful. That he would "teach me to number my days that I may gain a heart of wisdom" (Psalm 90:12). That I would end my time in the DR well. That I would truly believe/trust that He has something planned for me once I arrive back in the States and that I would be patient as He reveals that plan to me. Would you pray with me?
Besides prayer, another way you can bless me is through financial support. I have about $1,300 left to raise. This money will help cover transitional costs such as a missionary re-entry & debrief program and plane tickets. If you feel led to give, click HERE & specify your gift for 'Imani Folkes'.
Thank you all for your prayers. I am incredibly grateful.
*last moments- meaning my last moments as a Makarios staff member. Not TRULY my "last moments"- as I plan on visiting!

No comments:
Post a Comment