Friday, August 01, 2014

July 2014 Update Letter

*|MC:SUBJECT|*
My co-teacher Marnelia, our student Taisha, and myself. 

I hope & pray this update finds you well. God is doing great things in the DR and I'm humbled/thankful that he has called me to be a part of it all. 
A few highlights:

  • I've decided to once again extend my contract with Makarios! Read on to find out how you can continue prayerfully & financially supporting me as I begin my 4th year. 

  • 6 of our Makarios students came to know Christ this year!

  • This September I will begin teaching Dual Language Pre-K4, as well as begin to disciple 2-5 of our 6th grade girls!

Looking Back...
This past year has been an incredible mix of God's faithfulness, hardships, joy, and growth. I've grown in my walk. I've grown as a new teacher. And I've grown as a missionary. Since November 2013, my co-teacher & I have taught 17  beautiful, wild, and active 2nd graders. We've memorized Bible verses every week, taught from God's word each day, and shared the gospel in practical ways through discipline. We've also taught all their core subjects: language arts, math, social studies, and science.
A huge highlight from this school year: 6 of our Makarios students came to know Christ as their personal Lord & Savior!  Ruth, a girl from my class was one of those 6 students
4 of the sixth grade girls that will be discipled this upcoming school year.
Ruth, the student from my class that came to faith in Christ!
Looking Forward...

After much prayer God has led me to extend my contract with Makarios! This fall I will begin teaching Dual Language Pre-K4. "Dual language" means our students will receive instruction in both Spanish (their native language) and English. So by the time these students graduate they will be fluent in English, and hopefully have many more job & college opportunities! I will also begin to disciple/mentor 2-5 of our 6th grade girls. These girls are some of the students that made  the decision to believe in Christ as their Lord & Savior. I am incredibly excited/humbled for this opportunity. 

Continue to partner with me
prayerfully



Prayer Requests:

  • I've been experiencing some spiritual warfare. Pray with me as I battle lies, and claim victory in Christ!
  • Serving full time for 3 years in another country is pretty exhausting! I have decided to take a mini furlough/vacation the first couple weeks of August. Pray I am able to rest & relax well, so that upon my return to the DR, I am renewed & ready for year 4!
  • Pray for the Holy Spirit to fill me. That I would be continually lead by him in all that I do here. 
  • Pray for the 6 students that came to know Christ!

 

Continue to partner 
with me financially


Thank you much for how you have helped financially support all that God is doing in the DR so far! Please consider continuing your support as I continue to serve with Makarios. 

If you currently give via credit card/automatic withdrawal and would like to continue giving support, no further action is required. If you currently give via check, and would like to continue giving support, you may continue sending checks as you have been. 

If you would like to increase your monthly/quarterly donation click HERE. Once on the website, check the box that says "This is an Update to an existing donation", and fill out the form with the new amount that you would like to give. In addition email accounting@makdr.org to inform our accounts manager about your change in donation. (Be sure to designate your gift to "Imani Folkes")


Please let me know if you have any questions!


Thank you so much for the many ways you all support, encourage and pray for me. As always, please let me know if I can be praying for you in a specific way!

To The Praise of His Glory,

Imani
 






This email was sent to *|EMAIL|*
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
*|LIST:ADDRESSLINE|*

*|REWARDS|*

No comments:

Post a Comment