Thursday, September 15, 2011

How I would like to blog while I'm in the DR.

If you followed my 365 day project,  you probably already know that I'm not exactly the best at posting regularly and frequently. Therefore to become a better blogger, and effectively share my next two years of the Dominican Republic.. I've decided to break my blog posts up into "series", "categories", "groups"..... whatever your heart desires to call them, there will be four:

1. Mi Vida
   - In this "category" I will just post general stories about my life and work here in the DR. Expect to here things about work/ministry, things about living in the DR, prayer requests, etc. etc. This will be much like the first post I wrote while in the DR. (PS- Mi vida= My life)
2. "God is good because.."
    - In these posts I will simply give thanksgiving to God for the ways he has been faithful/amazing to me. At mission training we were encouraged to write down our daily joys everyday, so that we can look back and look on how God is working. I've been trying to remember to do that, and I want to start posting some of those joys on this blog.
3. Hola ___
    - For these posts the blank space will be filled with a name of a Dominican or Haitian that I have been "living life" with. I will include a picture, how I know them and some fun facts about them... just so you guys have a way of "meeting" the amazing people God has given me the opportunity to live and work amongst.
4. Laugher (DR Style)
    - I laugh at everything and anything, and we've had some pretty funny encounters here in the DR. When moments are funny enough to share, I'll post them in this category.

--This series things will be super good for me, because I'll be able to tell smaller stories in a more frequent fashion. (I often struggle with waiting too long to blog..and then not having the willingness to write a super long blog post, and you guys not having the willingness to read a super long blog post!).
Be on the look out for the start of these categories tomorrow! I have a few saved up!

From the DR, with love..
Imani

PS- And because I think my posts always need a picture:

I took this on my home from work.
Come visit me?

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea of the four different blog categories. I may be stealing it for my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete