Wednesday, April 28, 2010

inspiration

I've been inspired by a few things/people/photographs lately. 
I shall share.

1) Stephanie Rita Hart.
Ms. Hart is first off AWESOME, secondly: a close friend, and lastly: an amazing photographer! Stephanie is definitely on my "top 5 photogs who inspire me" list (which if I must say..is a huge honor). Steph geniunely loves taking pictures, and takes them EVERY single day. She is so amazingly creative, and in viewing her pictures I often find myself thinking.. "Oh man, I wish I took that photo!" Also, can I just say.. You know you're an AMAZING photographer when most of your friends usually use your pictures as their facebook profile pictures (including myself).

Check out her amazing blog: www.thisworldaroundyou.wordpress.com, where she is doing a 365-day project (uploading a picture a day to her blog). I'm thinking of doing this myself.. but I may just limit it to a summer thing.. since I will be having an AMAZING summer (more to come on that soon)
Look at this amazing photograph..and then just try and stop yourself from not going to her blog to check out her other photos.












2) India Arie
Been listening to a lot of her music lately. And all this song is so old, I still love it, and desire to have her attitude.
"When I look in the mirror and the only one there is me. Every freckle on my face is where it's supposed to be. And I know our creator didn't make no mistakes on me. My feet, my thighs, my lips, my eyes; I'm lovin' what I see"

3) Etta James/Billie Holliday
Yes I know these two amazing artists are not the same person. But they invoke the same feeling in me. I would have absolutely loved to live in the era of these two ladies. How awesome would it have been to grow up in the 50s/60s? Whenever I daydream about this time period (which I'll admit I do everytime one of their songs pop up on my Adele Pandora station) I always picture myself in a black & white setting, in an old swing dancing club filled with people, and some guy wooing me in the corner. What can I say? I have a vast imagination, which is usually encouraged when my favorite TV shows do those "back in time special" episodes, where the characters are involved in some murder mystery. You guys know what kinds of episodes I'm talking about right?

4) I found this photo on Flickr. I want someone to take a picture of me like this. Coffee and sunglasses... pretty legit!













(photo cred: http://www.flickr.com/photos/46810783@N02/4547389889)


5) "Your love that rescued the earth, lives in me"- Hillsong
Yes another music inspiration.. but really this inspiration comes from Jesus. And the fact that I do not have to rely on my imperfections, but can actually love others.. the way he does. Man, am I EVER praying that God will help me do that right now.

So yeah.. that's whats going through my head right now. 
Look out for my next blog post,when I explain (in detail) what my AMAZING summer plans are. Seriously you won't not want to read it, just saying.. they're that good! 

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodneesssssss thank you!!!! you're so awesome! let's take a coffee & sunglasses picture of you sooooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you INSPIRED me to put on India Arie on pandora this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete