Sunday, April 11, 2010

a few things i enjoyed this weekend

#1 Finding Remember the Titans on YOUTUBE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BIATEpbsX4 
(This was great because I left the dvd we have of this movie at home.. and because Remember the Titans is hands down one of the best movies ever made)

#2 Realizing that I need to pray this over my life so much more than i currently do.
"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spiritof wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better."
 and having the faith that he will answer this prayer.

#3 Talking to my mommy via gmail-chat. (I'm just genuinely happy that my mom is so much more tech-savvy now.... She texts too!)
-Here's a glimpse of our conversation:
(she says a "new" smiley face.. because gchat animates the smiley faces

7:51 PM me: just pray for me, thanks :) Faith: oooh, a new smily face! How do you do that one? Nice talking to you. I mean that!! Love you lots!
7:52 PM me: haha.. you just put a colon and a parenthesis
  okay love you too!
  get some work done
  i have to too.
  byee

25 minutes
8:18 PM Faith: :) Doesn't work! Nope, you are holding out on me!
8:19 PM me: uh
  it just worked!
  i see it work
  it should work for you too though
 Faith: Oh, once I sent it , it worked! Now i can finally get bact to work :) :) :) :)
 me: hahaha.
8:21 PM Faith: Bye for Good this time!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) sorry, I just love to see them turn around.. coool!
-I love that woman, and her 10 smiley faces in a row

#4 Productivity!
Now... anyone who knows me, knows that I'm not the one to jump for joy as I do my school work/to do list things (and that's an understatement)... but this weekend wasn't that bad because of the things I have to show for it:
• a new and improved resume
• a FOUR day start on my paper due this week. (this almost never happens)
• a 30 second video on the amazing Alexa!
This was a project I had to do for my photo class.. It was my first time using Final Cut, so pay more attention to Alexa's wicked awesome violin skills than my technical skills.
(pause my music player on the right to watch it)

"Practice Makes Perfect" from Imani F. on Vimeo.



I like this list thing, I think I'll do it more often.

1 comment:

  1. Give your mom a little credit---the smiley face g-chat revelation is no boring thing. Wait until she learns about the winky face or the heart!!

    ReplyDelete