It’s been 3 months since I’ve returned to the US. Time has flown!
Rewind 3 Months: My last month in the DR was filled with see you laters, spending intentional time with friends that have become like family, the Makarios staff covering me with prayer, time with the Lord, spending time with my former students, laughter, and lots of tears. During this time God brought me to a place of amazing gratitude. I am so thankful God chose to write Makarios into my story. So thankful for the people I was blessed to do life with over these last 4 years. And so very thankful for the way I’ve seen his hand work. He is changing the lives of the Makarios students and their families through the power of the gospel. I am blessed to have both witnessed and been a part of that. "Oh sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things! His right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him."- Psalm 98:1
Photos from my last month in the DR. Clockwise from Top Left: My discipleship girls & I at the movies/ My goodbye party with my Makarios family/ Baking with 6th Grade Manuela/ Some of my former students after go-karting!
What's Next? As you may remember, I taught Dual Language Pre K-4 and discipled five 6th grade girls during my last year with Makarios. Towards the end of my time in the DR, I was able to “pass the baton” on to two amazing Makarios teachers! Jenna (an American missionary/) will continue teaching the preschoolers, and continue to reinforce all of the English they’ve learned. And Vierka (a Dominican teacher) will continue to disciple the sixth grade girls. I’m so thankful that God has called these two amazing teachers to continue advancing his Kingdom!
As for what’s next for me personally, I’m applying for jobs and praying about where God would have me next!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment