Feeling particularly nostalgic on this Friday afternoon. It could have a little bit to do with how I've just now unpacked my last bag from the DR (it's been a month since I've been back in the States...it's fine). The sifting through of DR photos/cards/letters/memories has led me to miss my Dominican life/family a whole lot today. But through the tears/sadness, I find myself experiencing an immense feeling of gratitude. I am beyond thankful that God wrote Makarios into my story. Beyond thankful that He allowed me to be a part of Makarios' story. Words cannot beyond to describe my gratefulness
He's a good author, y'all. So although this transition is pretty dang hard/bittersweet, I will do my hardest to trust Him throughout all of it. Trust in the One that drew me to himself...the One that has written a beautiful life for me. Trust that He has a plan, for both the future and the "right now". Trust that he is my God and my shepherd.
[Picture from my goodbye party, July 2015]

No comments:
Post a Comment