Monday, September 23, 2013

A Photo Album of the 2012-2013 school year.

Hard as it is for me to believe.. we're already entering our third week of the 2013-2014 Makarios school year.
In honor of the new school year, here's a look back into LAST school year. Aka this post was written because I realized I barely blogged throughout last school year. (who's surprised?)
So here it is: a photo album of the 2012-2013 school year. 


 September 

Celebrated my 23rd Birthday with these lovely ladies in Santiago.
 photo Sept1new.jpg

Started off the Makarios school year with a great day of school!

 photo Sept2.jpg


October

Began tutoring/pulling out students to help them with phonics and math!  photo October1.jpg


Yiskeiry and I during a village visit to Pancho Mateo

 photo October2.jpg

November

Our school and community suffered from a terrible flood. It destroyed almost our entire bottom floor, and several homes of our staff members & students. But God was incredibly faithful in restoring everything.
   photo November2.jpg

The first day of classes after the flood. (We closed school for 3 days)
 photo November3.jpg


Post flood, celebrating Thanksgiving at the Makarios house with Narolin.

 photo November4.jpg

Bella, Cita and I after a delicious Thanksgiving dinner. SO thankful to be able to celebrate this holiday with my Domincan family.
 photo November5.jpg 























And bonus: Mari Leydy performing after one of our tutor sessions

December

Fani, Anita and Ismael showing off their pearly whites

 photo December1.jpg


















Profe Marnelia reading a bible story during chapel. 
 photo December2.jpg


















My family came to visit over Christmas!!
 photo December3.jpg
























January

Soda floats with Nicole
 photo January1.jpg

Back to school. Eduardo & Nikauri
 photo January2.jpg

Juan Carlos & Escarlet showing off their birthday gifts. 

 photo January3.jpg


















February

The amazing Makarios staff in the mountains of Jarabacoa for our annual staff retreat.   photo February1.jpg

Celebrating Valentine's Day AND Yiskeiry's birthday!

 photo February2.jpg
























March

We found these 4 girls praying for our staff prayer requests on their own accord. Such a beautiful thing to experience.
 photo March1.jpg

At the beach with two of our students: Rachel & Franchesca

 photo March2.jpg
























Spent a week in March serving alongside Hill Country School as they ran VBS programs in the Los Ciruelos community. These two sisters were two of the girls that were in my ESL class my first year here. Love them!
 photo March3new.jpg

April

Village Visit in Chichigua, playing baseball!

 photo April1.jpg



















Rachel!
 photo April2.jpg

While some played baseball-- others played Dominoes.

 photo April3.jpg














May

I missed the last day of school because I was in the states for my sister's graduation. But I heard the last was super great!
 photo 960274_10201007348727264_885007278_n.jpg


Home for the littler sister's graduation.
 photo IMG_0090.jpg


While home I was able to visit these 3 lovely ladies in Boston!
And I had the true Boston experience by getting to see the Red Sox play in Fenway!
 photo May1.jpg

My dear grandma and I during my sister's family graduation party.
 photo May2.jpg

And there you have it. The 2012-2013 school year in a nutshell.
See my next blog post with hilights of Summer 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment