Saturday, June 08, 2013

Feelings post decision.

I wrote the below words right after I made my decision to stay in the DR through December/pursue grad school to study education. I re-read this now, reflect on the INTENSE amount of worrying I've done over the past 3 weeks, and think "where is the girl who originally wrote these words?"
Praying the Lord refills me with an overwhelming sense of peace & about the future, like he did when I first made my decision. Praying I will be the essence of Proverbs 31:25, a person that can "laugh at the future" knowing that there's nothing for me to figure out/worry over because my God has it totally under control. I'm praying for peace (the peace God gave me 3 months ago), while experiencing anxiety. 

(Written 3 months ago)
I'm not completely sure what my life will bring come January 2014, and instead of bringing me anxiety… that brings me joy. Why? Because when I'm in a place of true understanding who the Lord is.. that he called me before the foundation of the earth to be his daughter, to be holy and blameless before him, to do the works he has prepared for me, and to spend eternity with him…. how could I not be joyful? He has an amazing plan for my life. There's no need for me to be anxious, there's no need for me to fret. He has already planned it all out. He loved me, called me to himself, and planned out my life until I can be with Him in eternity. 

These moments of peace/understanding come & go. And when these moments aren't "around" they are often replaced with anxiety, worry, stress, apathy, etc. etc. So I ask you to pray. I ask that you pray that God would continue to remind me in a strong way, that I am his beloved daughter (Ephesians 5:1), that he has written the plan for my life (Ephesians 2:10, Psalm 139) and that he is my shepherd that will continue to faithfully lead me to live out that plan (Psalm 23, John 10). 

"To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways; we do not know what a day may bring forth. This is generally said with a sigh of sadness; it should rather be an expression of breathless expectation." - Oswald Chambers


Strength and dignity are her clothing, And she smiles at the future.- Proverbs 31: 25



 photo Beach.jpg

Sunset at Playa Sosua. A few months after I moved to the island.
 (No, this picture has nothing to do with the blog post. But whats a blog post without a picture?)

No comments:

Post a Comment