| 'Twas the Summer of 2012, when all through Imani's life, Not a person was left single, not even a..... mouse.Okay, that didn't work as well as I thought it would. But really Summer 2012 was the summer of Weddings. I went to not one, not two.. but THREE weddings this summer. All of them were beautiful, all of them were filled with love, and all of them were within the span of 3 weeks. |
Wedding #1: Perla & Jody
Perla and Jody are two of my friends "from" the DR (well really, Perla is from the DR and Jody is from America. But I met both here, and they both now live here). They got married this past June and it was beautiful! I helped photograph their wedding, and it was a blessing to be apart of such a beautiful day.
Wedding #2: Odilisia
Odilisia is our beloved school cook. She is sassy, hilarious, has an inspiring faith in the Lord, and has the ability to cook for 100+ people! She was (up until two months ago) a single mom.. and now she's beautifully married! It was a beautiful ceremony, laced with rich Haitian tradition & culture.
The entire church choir marched in front of her as she made the way to the church with the "godfather" of the wedding. (so that man next to her is not her husband, fyi).
In this culture, there are godfathers and godmothers of weddings, graduations, etc. From what I can tell, they're role is to escort.
Pictured below: L- Odilsia's niece and son helping hold her dress. R- Odilisia waiting to enter the church.
L: Odilisia laughing during the ceremony. She has a beautiful smile. R: Husband and wife exchanging rings.
L: Odilsia right after the ceremony. R: Odilsia & Monica. (Monica is her sister in law, as well as fell cook at the Makarios school)
Wedding #3: AMANDA & ROB
Amanda is one of my closest friends from college. I first met her (and Rob) in CRU Freshmen bible study August 2007. We were all nervous, most of us were 15 pounds skinnier, and we had no idea where 4 years of college would lead our friendships. Through the years, Amanda became a friend I could always rely on. Whether it was through our 7am "prayer phone calls" in our "hard months" of Sophmore year or dancing to the Macarena in the middle of a Newhouse computer lab during an all nighter or our many movie nights... Amanda was amazing friend within it all. And now she's MARRIED to her soulmate Rob! (Let the surreal-ness set in).
The wedding was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L and it was such an incredible blessing to be a bridesmaid for the wedding!! Not to mention seeing most of my college friends for the first time in a full YEAR! (Blog post about my two weeks home in the states to come later)
Here are a few photos from the AMAZING wedding photographers (Jeremy Hess Photographers)
I love weddings. Who's next?
I'm hoping to slowly update my blog with more summer 2012 happenings. So when you see another summer post next time, don't be alarmed.. I planned it that way.
I'm hoping to slowly update my blog with more summer 2012 happenings. So when you see another summer post next time, don't be alarmed.. I planned it that way.
















No comments:
Post a Comment