First Sarah and I found our Christmas tree, literally on the side of the road in Santiago. It was across the bus station the day we were going to see Breaking Dawn. We spoke with the guy and asked him if he would be open later (we didn't think it would be the best idea to drag the tree into the movie theater with us). So we picked it up after the movie and took it on the bus with us. He (being the tree) sat next to me in his very own seat!
The following week we invited Miranda over, and the 3 of us decorated the apartment.
The finished product-- I know very Charlie Brown Christmas Story like-- and that's why I'm in love with it!
The following Friday we had our Fiesta de Navidad at the school --complete with dressing up, a pizza party for each class, and performances for the children's parents. Here a few pictures from the "dressing up" part of our day:
Isn't Estaci BEAUTIFUL?
One of my favorite pictures of the day.
Warner!
Ricardo & Antony are best friends. I was able to capture Ricardo telling Antony a secret before all the students started singing.
I always envision these two boys.. years and years from now, still best friends and hopefully doing great things for the Lord!
Blaini all dressed up!
Alturo
Profe Nicole & Andy
Manuela and Profe Sarah.
Finally we had our Makarios staff Christmas party, where all of the families of our Dominican and Haitian staff members were also invited! It was a GREAT time. So great in fact, that I didn't have time to take as many pictures as I wanted. Here are a few from my point and shoot camera (which for w/e reason the resolution/tone is suddenly awful on).
This is Lismery. She is one of Yomo's (Yosmery is her full name) daughters. And Yomo is one of the Makarios staff members. I wish this photo wasn't blurry!
Surprise cake for the December birthday girls.-- Sarah, Yomo and Narolin.
And the night ended with Kelvin pretending to be Clark Kent.
I love my staff.

























No comments:
Post a Comment