I wrote this blog today for the Makarios website and I thought I'd share it on my personal blog as well!
One more day of the "blogging everyday for a week to make up for all the times I should have been blogging over the past 2 months" series. Hope you've enjoyed!
To see this actual post on the Makarios website click here, or just continue reading below.
------
Makarios was blessed once again this years with donors who are willing to help our children and families eat over Christmas Break! With the donations we were able to buy 7 pounds of rice and beans for each student! Rice and beans is an essential staple in a Dominican & Haitian’s diet. We’re so excited to help our students and family eat over the holiday break.
The students were so excited that they pushed in line to receive their bag of rice and beans. We had to have several teachers act as “crowd control”
The students showed their excitement in many ways: smiling for a photo, chanting “arroz, arroz, arroz” (rice, rice, rice), and by balancing beans on their head.
Blani (one of our Pre-K 3 students) was all smiles as she opened her bag. Check out the slideshow below:
And finally.. our Dominican and Haitian staff were surprised and blessed to receive their own bags of rice and beans!!
Rice and beans to all, and to all a good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment