Well there it goes.. out the window, my goal of blogging at least once a week while in the DR. Adjusting to life, praying my way through the transition process that comes with moving to a new country, and not to mention working/continuing to live my life in the DR.. has put my blogging a bit on the back burner. Hoping to get back to my once a week goal eventually. Bear with me! :)
And I wish I could provide a full on blog post right now.. But alas.. I'm home sick in bed (pray for me), trying to nurse my cold, and needing to pack for our mini getaway tomorrow. Where I am going? I'm glad you asked. Myself and a few other Americanos are spending our Thanksgiving Break at an all inclusive resort named Lifestyles!!! (pause for my excitement scream).
For anyone who's thinking: "What? She's a missionary/volunteer! How is she able to go on a mini vacation?"-- Let me explain. At our Mission Training we learned how ridiculously important it is to not work yourself to the bone, to actually take some time off to relax/rejuvenate and to not feel guilty about it. All of this so that you one day don't find yourself burnt out/unable to continue in ministry.. because you were constantly working and working(and working and working), without caring for yourself. Basically a vacation is an investment into the longevity of your ministry!
PLUS- Lifestyles (the resort we're going to) has this AMAZING sale every year where you can stay at the hotel for basically 1/20th of the original cost (no exaggeration). It feels like we're practically getting this vacation for free!
Pray that God let's me do just that. Pray that this yucky cold goes away. Pray that over the next few days we are able to have an amazing and relaxing time-- that when we return to our DR homes, we feel rejuvenated to continue what God has called us to do!
Hope everyone is able to relax as well & enjoy a few days off for the holiday.
Oh and HAPPY (early) TURKEY DAY! I promise I'll blog lots when I get back!
Imani
And because I hate writing posts without pictures, here's one of my favorites I've taken since being in the DR:

Miss Imani, good for you for doing self-care. Have a blessed, blessed, blessed mini-vacay!
ReplyDelete