Monday, March 22, 2010

"he has made everything beautiful in its time"

I’m still waiting for it…  a written message in the sky, the sound of God’s booming voice in the silence of my prayers, or the flashing red arrows pointing behind a guy signifying, “he’s THE one”
To be honest this is one of the main things I'm waiting for God to tell me..and because I have yet to experience it, I sometimes (stupidly) lead myself to believe that God doesn’t “speak” to me.
But it is in certain moments: when I am working on homework, talking with a friend or simply walking around campus, that scripture suddenly pops into my head. Sometimes it’s the entire verse, or most times it’s a few words that I have to later google..  but regardless, it ALWAYS applies to that very moment of my life. It is in these moments that I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that the Creator of the world, is taking the time to speak to me.. not in the flashy way I expect it, but through his very own word. 

 This is what He has said to me most recently:
“He has made everything beautiful in its time…" Ecclesiastes 3:11.  

If I could be so honest.. my life feels like a bit of a mess right now. So many aspects of my life feel broken. I've prayed countless amounts for healing .. and have now become utterly frustrated and bitter that my prayers have yet to be answered.  But its with this verse that I'm reminded that God's healing is a process. That it's not overnight that the mess of my life will suddenly become immaculate.That its in time  that everything will become beautiful.
So today, I set aside my frustation, and simply pray for patience. Patience as He heals every single part of me (in time). Patience until the day these words become my own: I waited patiently for the Lord to help me and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord. Oh, the joys of those who trust the Lord (Psalm 40:1-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment