Dena is one of my lovely teammates, and today's her BIRTHDAY! Dena is a Kindergarten teacher to 16 adorable students at the Makarios school. She has an INCREDIBLE heart for the Lord, her students and the people she loves.
*Photo on the left taken by Bridget Daehler!
That's the factual stuff. What the world should also know about Dena is that she is naturally HILARIOUS. She never tries to "intentionally" make you laugh, but you always end up doing so! Sitting by her during bible study, meetings, or in public transportiation guarantees that you will end up in a fit full of giggles. At least for me.
Here are a few of my favorite Dena-isms of the past 10 months (intertwined with a few photos of our favorite photos together)
Conversation after Bible Study
Imani: You were a heartbreaker in high school, weren't you?
Dena: Yes. I still am.
Another conversation after bible study.
Background: We were talking about a specific scene in Breaking Dawn
Sarah: What was it that you didn’t like about the scene?
Dena: It was lame.
Sarah: I know, but what specifically didn’t you like?
Dena: It was a waste of my existence.
Sarah: But what specifically?
Dena: I could have been doing anything better during those 10 minutes.
(maybe you had to be there, but we were all cracking up with laughter during this conversation)
Six Degrees of Separation. Between Dena & Pirates.
Fact. Dena is obsessed with Pirates. She can be in a conversation that has absolutely nothing at all to do with Pirates, and Dena will find a way to work a Pirate comment in. I call this the 6 degrees of Separation between Dena & Pirates.
Example:
Paige: We used to scuba dive all the time. I love it.
Dena: Oh my goodness, I would love to go scuba diving and look for sunken pirate ships.
Another example:
(Said as we were on a boat heading whale watching and getting a bit sea sick)
Dena: I guess I can't be a pirate anymore
And last, but not least. If life was a musical, Dena would be the director, choreographer and star! Here she is in a picture where we all decided to do a hand on hip/leg type of pose. Right before the photo is taken, Dena turns to me and says "I'm going to do jazz hands" Naturally I cracked up.
And these are just a few of the things I love about my dear friend Dena. There are tons more, she's a pretty awesome girl!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEENZ! Love you! Wish I were there to celebrate with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment