Thursday, February 16, 2012

"blessed are the poor in spirit"

This past weekend was our staff retreat, and we were blessed to have a couple (Robin & Heather) that helped led our mission training program come to the DR & encourage our team. They shared an amazing bible study from Matthew 5 when Jesus is preaching the beatitudes. For those of you who don't know Makarios means blessed in Greek, so their whole intent behind this bible study was to challenge us to see if we are living up to our name: Makarios. 
The entire bible study was extremely convicting and motivating.. but I want to share this specific part with you:

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven"- Matthew 5:3
-Blessed (MAKARIOS) is the poor in spirit who realizes their utter helplessness without God. They humbly realize that they have nothing at all, that knowledge, training, skills and experience means nothing and God means everything. They realize their help and strength is found only in God, they have learned there is no other way but to trust and obey God.

This is me.  I am blessed because of my utter helplessness & therefore great reliance on the Lord. And the process that the Lord is bringing me through to realize this is incredibly hard, yet amazingly beautiful. 

I know I'm two months behind on blogging. A lot has happened in these two months.. therefore, I promise to write more soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Imani! I'm so excited for you and your mission in the DR. I look forward to hearing the stories you will share here. God bless you! - Isabella

    ReplyDelete