Wednesday, August 31, 2011

#365. I'M DONE WITH THIS PROJECT/I'M HERE IN THE DR!

Ta-da. I am done with this 365 day project. (Thank the good Lord, I was over this thing about 4 months ago).

[All point and shoot pictures, all not the super greatest pictures, and all taken from my plane window... but I'm okay with that because I was living/enjoying my first official (half) day in the  DR.. not worrying alot about this project.]


first sightings of the coast


Final thoughts on my 365 day project + some other thoughts mixed in there.

My 22nd birthday is TOMORROW. Holler.

I'M HERE IN THE DR!

• I am so excited for this blog to switch from 365 day project to my life in the DR blog.

• I know, so much negativity towards this 365 day project. But after chatting with a good friend about it.. I realized that as much as I love photography, love my camera, love capturing life etc. etc... I just really despised being forced to take a photo everyday. A 365 day project is supposed to hone your photography skills, and mine did just the opposite. I often watched my photo quality decrease, because I just wanted to get the daily photo over and done with, and move on to the rest of my "busy" day.

•I'm really looking forward to photographing the next two years of my new life here in the DR (without daily pressures), learning the ins and outs of my camera, adding stuff to my "portfolio" of photos that I'm proud of... you know doing all the stuff my 365 day project was supposed to do originally.

• You live and you learn right? All in all.. I guess I'm happy for the lessons this past year of taking a photo every day taught me. Not super clear about those lessons yet, but I'm happy about them.

• I'm done being a negative nancy. I'm in the DR, and God is about to take me on the biggest adventure of my life (at the risk of sounding super cheesy).

No comments:

Post a Comment